© Copyright Jen Matson.
All rights reserved unless noted to the contrary.
Some pieces of my process:
- Learning by exploring and asking:
- What is the business problem we're trying to solve, or opportunity we're trying to explore?
- Who are our users, and what do they need and want?
- What constraints do we as a project team have to guide the nature and amount of our work?
- Questioning and testing assumptions
- Talking to users
- Interviewing stakeholders
- Exploring and using existing
products and sites
- Creating order out of chaos
- Diagramming and defining logic
- Creating classifications and hierarchies
- Editing and streamlining content and design
- Building beautiful, engaging, problem-solving things
- Coding up prototypes
- Testing prototypes with users, and
iterating based on what works (and what doesn't)
- Directing and finessing animations and interactions
- Creating visual and functional harmony
- Working with smart, passionate people of all varieties to make it happen
Some items in my toolkit:
- Wireframes & Workflows
- Sharpies & a stack of paper
- Art & Design
- Interactive Prototypes
- Emacs (yup!)